Friday 5 April 2013

"Wings" Illustration - Wing's Cafe

Hello Everybody,

For this post, I chose the word "Wings" to base my Logo on.
Many logos incorporate wings into their design, as you can see here:
http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/articles/inspirational-showcase-of-logo-designs-with-wings
I wanted to do something you might not expect to see wings on, so I chose to do a Coffee Shop.

I started drawing and experimenting with different styles of wings, and came up with this design, because I wanted something simple and clean looking.


 Next, I vectorized my drawing in Adobe Illustrator:


I duplicated the wing so I had a set of 2 identical wings:





I then illustrated a cup of coffee to put my wings onto:

 I then tried placing this ring I made, which resembles a ring left from a cup of coffee on a table, in different sizes and different placements to see where it might work best.
I added some shading and detail to the cup and the wings to make the logo pop a little more.
I decided to make the ring large around the cup, to give the design a better shape.
Next, I added the name of the Coffee shop, "Wing's Cafe" to bring it all together.

Here we have it, my final logo design.

Thanks for reading, stay tuned for my next logo design!

Matt

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt. NIce design. I was wondering if this design is for the public to use, or do I need your permission?

    ReplyDelete